For more than two centuries, the islands of Hawai‘i have welcomed international visitors with the spirit of aloha. Many of these visitors come as students to take advantage of our outstanding education and training opportunities. Those who have studied in Hawai‘i have returned home and taken leadership positions in their countries. They have become government leaders, doctors, educators, business owners — acting as agents of positive change for their own countries.
The Study Hawai‘i Educational Consortium is a 501c(3) organization established to build on this legacy to promote Hawai’i as a global educational destination. Over 10,000 international students enroll in schools at all levels throughout Hawai’i each year, and Study Hawai’i seeks to increase that number. Study Hawai‘i draws its members from diverse institutions — K-12 college preparatory schools, English-language schools, community colleges, and comprehensive private and public universities with professional and graduate programs.
Study Hawai‘i works closely with the State of Hawai‘i Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism (DBEDT), EducationUSA offices, the US Commercial Service, and the Hawai‘i Tourism Authority to help us to expand outreach efforts.
We carry out education trade missions to international destinations, deliver seminars on study opportunities in Hawai’i, participate in student fairs around the world, and advocate on state and national levels for more awareness of the value of international education to our communities.
Study Hawai‘i invites institutions to join us in our efforts to promote Hawai‘i as an international education destination. It is the only statewide entity engaged in this crucial economic and social effort, and membership is open to all accredited institutions and programs in the state, including:
- Kindergarten through 12th-grade schools
- Vocational and avocational institutions (e.g. ESL schools)
- Two-year and community colleges
- Four-year and graduate institutions
- Argosy University Hawai‘i
- Chaminade University of Honolulu
- Hawai‘i Pacific University
- Hawai‘i Tokai University
- University of Hawai‘i - Hilo
- University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- University of Hawai‘i Maui College
- University of Hawai‘i West O‘ahu
- University of Hawai‘i System Office for International and Strategic Initiatives
2-year and Community Colleges
- Hawai‘i Community College
- Kapi‘olani Community College
- Leeward Community College
- Windward Community College
Language Schools and Programs
- Central Pacific College
- ELS Language Centers Honolulu
- Global Village Hawai‘i
- Intercultural Communications College
- Institute of Intensive English